Thursday, April 21, 2005

My Playlist

Who said Grading Had to be tedious? Well it is. So here is how I have been lightening the mood: On a recent episode of Definately Not the Opera on CBC radio, there was a documentary about how some celebrities have been publicizing their IPOD playlists. The host then asked the question that are these really their playlists? Did they not leave out some rather unpopular and maybe embarassing selections...like a hidden penchant for Milli Vanilli? Don't our playlists reveal deep seeded personal secrets?

So here is my playlist...uneditted. (Except for the italics and bold):

Music for films - Brian Eno
Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Instant Karma - John Lennon
St. Dominics Preview - Van Morrison
Hell is Chrome - Wilco
Big Fish - PJ Harvey
Biko- Peter Gabriel
Loomer- My Bloody Valentine
Subterranean Homesick Blues- Bob Dylan
Under Stars - Brian Eno
Fevered - The Stills
Peking Saint - Cat Power
Animals and Insects - The Stills
Aragon - Brian Eno
Communique - Dire Straits
The Soul Cages - Sting
Spider and I - Brian Eno
Inaudible Memories - Jack Johnson
No One Recieving - Brian Eno
Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy - Brian Eno
Everything Merges With the night - Brian Eno
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
No Sense -Cat Power
Why Do I Lie? Luscious Jackson
The BellDog - Eno and Cluster
Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
Starman - David Bowie
Karma Payment Plan - Modest Mouse
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Angel Won't you Call Me? - The Decemberists
Built in Girls -The Wrens
Apology Song - The Decemberists
Hey Julie - Fountains of Wayne
Message in A Bottle - The Police
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Fortress Around your Heart - Sting
I fall up -Brian Eno
Cyprus Avenue - Van Morrison
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Walk Alone - Jack Johnson
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
The City is Here for You to Use - the Futureheads
Space Between -Dave Matthews Band
Imaginary Love - Rufus Wainwright
Land of Anaka - Peter Gabriel and Brian Eno
Mantra- Tool
Fort Knox, King Solomon - Bob Mould
Astral Weeks - Van Morrison
Juju Space Jazz - Brian Eno
Thumbtack - Bob Mould
Synchronicity 1 - The Police
Sweet Mistakes - Ellis Paul
Its All Understood - jack Johnson
Over Fire Island - Brian Eno
Energy Fools the Magician - Brian Eno
Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell- Modest Mouse
The Roil, the Choke - Brian Eno
Where are You Going? - Dave Matthews Band

*************

And yes, I love Brian Eno. Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

I think I've found the soundtrack for my Blog! Check it out!
The Frames new Album "Burn the Maps"

2 comments:

Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

You don't even want to know how few of these I know, aside from the obvious classic rock. (Which may be why I'm rooting for Bo and Constantine.) I really need to get into this decade and get an I-Pod. They are kinda flimsy looking-my kids might crush it. Guess I'll need to google your guy. That Buble guy was worth a listen and a peek at :-)

Robin said...

Ya know what's cool is iTunes' (legal) file sharing...I had never really listened to Jack Johnson, Modest Mouse, or a bunch of other great artists before I had it...(this concludes our unpaid advertisement)