Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday, Bright and Chipper

What is up with me, blogging bright and early on a Monday morning! I think I am in need of unintentionally accumulating merit, because grading season is upon me. As you have already experienced, grading season is the bane of my existence. However, it has to be done! And look! I am procrastinating already!

Actually my Monday started with a jolt. I was in the middle of a very unsettling dream about having an affair, right in front of Eric. He'll be so glad to read this won't he? There was a tangible level of awareness, in this dream, that this was totally wrong and horrible, yet I was watching myself do this. So I woke abruptly, and realized that I had slept in and only had a half hour to make lunches, get the kids fed and on the way out the door for school. (This includes full snow regalia, boots, mittens, hat, snowpants, scarf and coat). Somewhere in there I had procure myself a coffee, because I knew that I was not going to get through the mayhem without it.

Part of the reason that I was so off kilter, was I had a weekend getaway - all by myself!
Now, that was reaping some accumulated merit! I went to Dorje Denma Ling, where I went on retreat last summer. I participated in a weekend programme, called "Glimpses of Space: The Inseperable Dance of the Feminine and Masculine Principles". It was an investigation of "EVAM", rather than looking at gender issues. I hope to commit some time to reflecting on that program. No doubt, I will sneak online to do some unadulterated blogging while mired in grading.

And finally, something to look forward to: On Saturday, I am going to make traditional mincemeat - a recipe approved by my grandmother (who made the world's best mincemeat). I've decided to blog the whole process - with pictures. I can't imagine a better way to get into the holiday season than making the quintessential Christmas pie filling. This stuff was so good, that I used to eat it by itself - meaning without the pastry. I would pack a thermos full of it and chow down at lunch.
Anyway, I thought this would be a fun thing to do, and mildly (or wildly entertaining). And I imagine that not very many people have blogged about making mincemeat before. Please send me in the links if you know of any. Otherwise, let's break new ground on Saturday!

Until then, wish me luck, I am off to the trenches. (Personal note: find new Metaphors).

1 comment:

MC Etcher said...

Beautiful new header pic!